OSHC Insurance

As an international student in Australia, you must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of your study in Australia. This will help you pay if you need to visit the doctor or go to the hospital.

There are also other types of insurance that you may find useful.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

When you come to Australia from overseas to study, you must have OSHC. This includes cover for visits to the doctor, some hospital treatment, ambulance services and some medicines. If you bring any dependants (for example, your spouse or children under 18 years old) they must also have OSHC.

There are many different insurance companies who provide OSHC products.

Some of these products are basic. They cover only the compulsory minimum services, including visits to the doctor and some hospital costs. Others are comprehensive and include extra services such as seeing a dentist or eye doctor.

You can find more information, including a list of companies who provide OSHC and their average costs, on the Department of Health website.

Your OSHC policy must last for the duration of your stay in Australia. For more information about OSHC, see the Department of Home Affairs website.

We can help

Navitas English can organise your OSHC for you through Allianz Care. The policy is comprehensive and designed for international students.

Some of the benefits of Allianz Care OSHC are:

  • online accounts: you can check your policy, update your details and claim online
  • 24 hour emergency helpline 1800 NAVITAS (1800-628-4827)
  • on-campus support (selected locations)
  • OSHC app
  • direct billing
  • customer service centres
  • easy claiming.

If you would like us to organise your health insurance, please complete the Overseas Student Health Cover section in your Application Form.

For more information about what is included in the policy and how much it costs, see the Allianz Care OSHC website. You can also read the policy document.